Kathleen Doody has over 20 years experience in print and multi-media design. Below is a brief bio:
KATHLEEN DOODY DESIGN
- Ongoing presentation and promotional material in print, digital, video and social media for ArtsGames; corporate and motivational videos.
ELITHA PETERSON PRODUCTIONS 2013-present
- Director of Media & Design for a small company that produces events and documentaries. Created all print material, Power Point and promo videos for presentation. Oversaw digitizing and archiving of over 20 years of documentary and video productions. Managed staff of 2-4 people.
TORONTO STAR NEWSPAPER 2001-2013
- Senior editorial designer and art director for Canada’s largest newspaper. Designs newspaper front pages and special sections, primarily for news, travel, books and life. Designer of all in-house magazines: Golf, Do It!, Guide to Colleges &Universities, Brand New Planet, Desi Life.
ONTARIO ARTS COUNCIL 1996-1999
- Graphic designer responsible for all publications including books, pamphlets, posters, ads, signage, in English and French.
ART DIRECTOR AND DESIGNER Prior to 1996
- Art director of Ski Canada and Canadian Yachting magazines; freelance and contract work for Ontario Out of Doors magazine; Toronto Star newspaper; various clients and companies creating newsletters, posters, brochures, signage.
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- Society for News Design, Award of Excellence, news design, 2011 and 2012;
- Art Directors Awards;
- Best Documentary: Millbrook International 3-Minute Film Festival 2010: Sunday Morning Shinny and the Margaret Philp Cup;
- Best Community Film: Cabbagetown Short Film & Video Festival 2010